Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

MMO Bullshit


Is there a reason that it takes over a day to fully install an MMO game from scratch? A good one? Because atm I cannot find one but I still have to deal with this ridiculous crap all of the two times I have installed an MMO.

Last night I downloaded the World of Warcraft trial (~4.5gb) and it took 4 hours over my Comcast 6mb connection. Today I went to install the game and it had to download numerous other patches. Other than the fact that the initial installer I downloaded should have incorporated the latest patches eliminating the need for this, this shit is taking wayy too fucking long.

I spent about 45 minutes downloading the first few patches and then i hit 2.4.3-3.0 (~2.3gb) and it said another 5 hours. Now you can blame this on my internet connection which was completely idle, or another problem but thats simply wrong.

The only problem there was is that the WoW downloader piece of shit reqauires ports to be forwarded which I did but my router (like most routers) is a piece of shit and keeps spitting at me that services are conflicting when their not.

Thank god we have websites like filefront where I can avoid this stupid bullshit and download it at a half decent rate in 50 minutes.

WoW can save a shit ton of bandwidth let alone 3 day installation frusturation among its users if they would include a fast track download service that was not deceptively simple piece of flying fucking crap.

Oh did I mention it took around 5 hours to install Age of Conan for the same reason?

I guess the lesson is don't play shitty fee inducing MMO games, thank god im doing this for school or id be piece the fuck out a long time ago..


No comments:

Post a Comment